Opportunities with Hattery
We’re always looking to meet bright, talented, and motivated individuals who want to make an impact. Together, we’ll enable a more exceptional world through fostering collaborative, considered, and innovative entrepreneurship.
The following opportunities are currently available with Hattery:
TypeHack Marketing Designer (Project)
We’re partnering with the fine folks at FontShop to produce the first annual TypeHack in conjunction with their TYPO Talks conference next month in San Francisco. And we’re looking for the right designer to produce event identity and collateral within the next week.
TypeHack is an all-day typography hackathon, where graphic designers and type enthusiasts will come together for a day of friendly competition. Participants will receive a brief upon arrival at TypeHack, with details on the challenge and parameters to brainstorm, design, and submit seven alphabet characters on a theme. Throughout the day, leading typographers will also give short presentations on inspiration and technique. Participants may register as individuals or team of two, and guest judges will award prizes for each category. Breakfast, lunch, and happy hour are included. Get your ticket today.
This idea hatched quickly, and we’d like to connect with an external design partner as a way to integrate and promote SF’s local talent through our event.
- A print poster
- Online marketing images in several sizes (e.g. Facebook, email newsletter)
- Possible assets for an event landing page on hattery.com
- Possible assets for on-site event use (in coming weeks)
While there is no monetary compensation, the chosen designer will receive:
- Free entry to the TYPO Talks conference (a $600 value)
- Free entry to TypeHack (a $75 value)
- One free week of desk use at Hattery (a $200 value)
- Publicity for your work, which will be credited/linked in all uses: on display throughout TypeHack with a personal introduction on stage, emailed via FontShop to TYPO attendees from around the world, thanked in social media and on the landing page, etc.
To apply, please submit your information below. The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 7, at 9 pm. All entrants will be notified of the winner by Monday.
Events, Press, and Marketing Intern
As an events, press, and marketing intern at Hattery, you will be a key member of our small team and learn to develop marketing and press operations for the company’s growing programming series, Hattery Happenings.
If you’re creative, flexible, and want to learn, this is an opportunity to both work alongside experts and build responsibility over time.
- 20 hours per week on site in our SoMa office (regular hours, but flexible as to which days)
- You must be a current student at a top university who is eligible to receive academic credit for the internship
- No financial compensation
- Start date: yesterday
- Benefits include those extended to our resident companies, such as lunch made fresh daily by our in-house culinary team
- Press research
- Marketing operations, including social media and email campaigns
- Work alongside marketing director to learn about marketing strategy
- Event logistics and execution
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Weekly structured learning opportunities
- Passion for technology, design, the arts, culture, civic issues, and social good
- Bias to action—you have confidence to identify problems, create solutions, and execute them
- Flexibility and interest in seeking direction
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where roles and responsibilities can change quickly
- Equally adept at communicating through text, images, and mood boards
- Capable of both seeing the big picture and the small details
- Consumer of media in all forms, current on news, issues, and pop culture
- You see problems in unfamiliar subjects—particularly technical, analytical, quantitative, and aesthetic ones—as learning opportunities to teach yourself something new
- Design skills (Illustrator/Photoshop), or willingness to learn basic design skills a plus
To apply for this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to your online presences and portfolios as applicable.